Parent Involvement = Student Success
Although parent involvement and parent engagement are sometimes used synonymously; there are some important differences—parents can be involved in their student’s education without being actively engaged.
- Being involved means that you are there, which in itself is important to a student’s development and overall academic success.
- Being engaged means that you are aware of what is going on and are a fundamental part of the process, which is crucial to a student’s development and academic success.
Prince George High School PTA wants parents/guardians and other key family members to be actively engaged in their student’s education both at home and at school.
10 Ways to Be Engaged in Your Student’s Learning and Support Prince George High School:
- Stay informed by visiting the Prince George High School Web site at http://staff.pgs.k12.va.us/~pghs/index.htm.
- Show an interest in your student's education; ask your student each day to tell you something he or she learned.
- Set high expectations for achievement; strive for excellence - not perfection; discuss assignments, projects and due dates.
- Let your student know you believe in his or her ability to succeed in school; remember to praise effort as well as results.
- Reinforce good study and sleep habits; establish a daily routine and a quiet place at home where your student can study with minimal distractions; encourage organizational skills for homework.
- Volunteer and participate in school events and parent programs to show your student that you care and are committed to his or her learning and high school success.
- Attend Back-to-School Night on September 24, 2013 at 7:00 PM.
- Join the PTA and support the students, faculty, staff, and school.
- Visit the Virginia PTA Web site at http://vapta.org.
- Attend PTA Student and Parent programs throughout the year.
Car Show-March 19-with Drive for your School
Car Show Registration Form
After Prom-April 30
Save the Date!
PTA Membership Form
Fall Bazaar Flyer
Fall Bazaar Vendor Application
2015 – 2016 PTA Officers
Pat Hawkins – President
Tammy Temple – Vice President
Cindy Leonard – Treasurer
Maggie Albright – Secretary
Family Membership Fee - $7.00
*Grandparents are welcome to join too!
After Prom Party
Pie Day Fundraising
Soup Day (cook/serve)
*Even if you only have an hour or two, every little bit helps!
Contact us for more information:
7801 Laurel Spring Road
Prince George, VA 23875
Check us out on Facebook!